I am a Seattle psychotherapist working with the individual, couples, families and adolescents. I have over 20 years of experience treating depression and anxiety, helping with transitions, improving relationships and reclaiming health.
Be sure you get the right kind of therapy.
We want your first appointment to give you renewed hope and the sense that you and I have a good start on a solid working alliance.
Make sure my philosophy and approach to therapy is a good fit for you.
Look in "Ask the Therapist" for examples of how I approach things. I use cognitive-behavioral therapy primarily or CBT, with a solution-focused emphasis on relationship counseling, activation and improving health.
The right mental health counselor can help you to:
- Reduce depression and increase contentment
- Lessen anxiety and improve confidence
- Improve relationships and intimacy
- Increase skills in communication, assertiveness and managing emotions
- Overcome self-defeating behaviors
- Navigate difficult periods of adjustment
- Study your mind-body interactions and embrace good health habits
- Become expert in solving problems and pursuing goals
Contacting and seeing me:
Email me at: TomLinde@gmail.com.
Use my online contact form.
Call me at 206.669.9801.
My office is near downtown and South Lake Union, next to REI - click here for directions
Samples from Ask The Therapist - my answers to common questions:
In the News
Recently, the floor at Group Health Cooperative (where I’m a trainer in behavioral medicine), lost a beloved ...
Question: How can I live with my constant low back pain when my doctor won’t give me the medications I need? ...
Will you knock it off about the exercise already?
Question: If the exercise habit is so important, why is it so hard to come by? Answer: First, let’s recognize ...